Feeling like something different in the morning instead of the usual Weetbix or toast?
Looking for a delicious recipe to serve for brunch?
If yes, then this recipe is for you!!
Packed full of delicious fruit and muesli, this recipe will give you the energy you need to begin your day!
1 apple, cored with skin on
1 cup rolled oats
½ cup apple juice
½ cup fat-free yoghurt, plus extra to serve
Large pinch of ground cinnamon
¼ cup flaked almonds
¼ cup walnuts
2 tablespoons pumpkin seeds (pepitas)
Berries, to serve
- Grate the apple.
- Mix the grated apple, juice, yoghurt, oats, cinnamon in a bowl until well combined.
- Cover and place in the fridge for 1 hour or overnight.
- Combine the walnuts, almonds and pumpkin seeds in a small bowl.
- If soaked for 1 hour: Stir half the nut mixture through the muesli and add yoghurt if desired.
- If soaked overnight: Stir half the nut mixture through the muesli with ½ cup yoghurt.
- To serve, top with berries and remaining nut mixture.
Note: For a lactose-free alternative use lactose-free or soy yoghurt. Don’t have any apple juice? That’s ok, try another flavour such as orange or tropical.